Sunday, March 2, 2008

missing links


"Im leaving on a jet plane ... dont knw when il be back again..Ohbabe..I hate to go......"

May be my umpteenth listen to this song...still i feel the same as ihad felt the first time ever when i heard this song.....A fathomlessfeeling...far and unkempt..no matter how much u try..u just cant getover this feeling...the feeling of missing!and i leave it to that...coz the substance of missing is too hard to categorize...I have heard my late grandma saying she missed the oldbanyan tree of her first home, my uncle missing his old broadsetradio, my friend missing her boyfriend....and many more to miss.I too miss to share these songs with someone...miss to share my closetanymore with my kid friend...miss to play hide and seek with mybrothers....miss so much with so many people...I miss all thats notmine and all that wont be mine!I might sound selfish..but deep down inside u will realise that even youare a part of this bluff game..when u listen to an old song...when u write something for the firsttime..when u see something that uv never seen before...or just when usit silent...u miss all those with whome you want to share all thesemoments..even in a crowded room, u just might feel 'god, why isnt shehere'...I feel..I miss and then I cry....and today if Iv accepted the void in me...i realise that unlike everysecong 'girl' i dont miss a 'boyfriend'..rather i miss a companion just'my kind'....I dont miss branded stuff, cd's and coffee shops....Imiss my school library....On speeding cars .. i dont miss to pullbrakes, but what i do miss is to drive ahead with a friend, on a longroad, with John Denver playing...just as it was 2 years back!and by all these im no philosopher or an old school girl...I am what exactly you are...cause a patient thought will make u believe that all that uv been thinkin that ur missing are not the ones actually you do...if its words that u think u miss...then trust me its the spaces between them that ur actually missing!Incomprehensible? .. yes i can be...cause even i took 2 complete years to find what do i exactly miss! or rather what do people call void? and what id found is that.. what id never imagined!If it was my old life that i missed...i was wrong....its just that the absence of those people in my present life is what i missed!

each day..while u drive...u work...listen...eat...walk..or sleep u do feel a void...for something or somebody thats relative....but at the end uv got nothingbetter to do than just ignore and work on...as iv been doing till date....and if by chance u dont feel the space...just halt and thank God for ur amongst the few..who are blessed to be complete..for the rest of us...the world is still incomplete!

3 comments:

Farzi Bhushan said...

The second half of second paragraph is just ...senti kar diya be.

Nishant gupta said...

well said ....but u know i m not entirely agree with ur point that what we miss is "absence of those people " coz i think along with those people i also miss those circumstances that used to make life so much of fun ...like .. we are having same street frds even after 15 yrs even then we r going to miss hide and seek game we used to play ...coz now we are big enough to play that so we will never be able to re-experience those moments ...well ..that's my point .......
good one from ur side ....

The Phoenix said...

Good insight.....Came to this page from orkut....good thing I did.....beautifully written...very much true...Kudos!! Happy writing!!....