Friday, March 28, 2008

wierd people!!!!!!

I met this old friend of mine recently, actually been running into a lot of old friends lately. And I find something really odd.
The conversations go kind of like this. (Me is me and friend is my friend, for the not-so-bright :P)
Me: Heyyyy! How u ?
Friend: Hiiii! Me good, how u?
Me: Am good too. So whats up?
Friend: Not much. Jus the usual. Hanging out with friends n stuff.
Me: Aaahh! I know, same here.
Friend: So then? What else?Me: Not much actually.
Friend: So where u headed now?
Me: gonna meet my friends.
Friend: Friends or one special friend?
Me: Hey just friends .
Friend: Oh, still single eh?
Me: Yep!!!
Friend: Why?
Me: ??!!
What a silly question? I mean just tell me, what would be a good response to that?! Why? WHY am I single? Now, why SHOULDN'T I be single??? Though that kind of question is completely normal, I wonder how their reaction would be if I ask them back something similar
Me: Why means... ummmm just not looking. U?
Friend: Oh ok. Me committed .
Me: why?
U think I should start doing that? :-?Yeah, thats not normal. Why? Because its normal that a person is in a relation. And its assumed that they are in love. Never mind that there could be a variety of reasons behind that, just for fun, no strings attached, serious, super-serious, in love but for the moment, just like the other n not really looking for a future and so on. If its obvious that a person is in a relation because they are in love(but like i said NEED not be) then isnt it obvious that a person is not in a relation because they are NOT in love??Weird people I tell u :)

5 comments:

rauly said...

well i liked the conversation...keep it up!!!

Nishant gupta said...

hahaha....you raised a good topic ..
you are talking about an old frd !! i think ....this question is sthing thats being asked someone or the other after every month ...as if being single is a crime ..

Saurabh Ektare said...

solah aane sach baat hai bhiyao ....

Ashish Gupta said...

A good response is "didn't fine THE one" which is by design true answer. But one plausible reason is not listed in your list of potential reasons. Is it because this blog is public?

!!! Man On Fire !!! said...

wht i can draw is...the post isnt meant to make us read tht conversation or answers to those weird questions...or to stress on the weird people.
It's written jst to express that you are happy the way you are...and dnt like ppl intrudin in ur affairs( wid urself ) ...